Friday, March 11, 2011

Max

Isaac has told me he loves me 85 times in the last 24 hours. Why? Because I'm so lovable? Um, no. Because I bought him a hamster. It (he?) survived night #1 in his new home, which is right next to Isaac's desk in the school room. I couldn't get a good picture of him, because he's about the size of a large grape and I didn't want to try to hold him with just one hand, but he's in there (rest assured, Michele, this thing will NOT get loose...wait, did I close that cage door?).


I checked out a book on blogging from the library yesterday, so be on the lookout for some major improvements around here...I'm not sure what those will be, but surely, you'll notice.

This weekend is going to be an exciting one for us; Aunt Ann is visiting, as are Kristin AND Brittany. Aunt Ann's birthday is tomorrow, and I'm struggling to come up with a present that is both cool and nearly free. I put together a bunch of Nutella recipes (our mutual favorite condiment), and my plan is to make one of them for her & give it to her with the recipes, some Nutella, and some wine. I have to get my buns in gear, though, because she gets here this afternoon.

My plan for this morning is to attempt to make some banana rice pudding, because I have some almost-icky bananas and found a yummy-sounding recipe here. Hopefully, it goes over better than the rotisserie chicken pita pizzas did. My children all scraped off all of the chicken and cheese, licked the ranch dressing off the pita, and claimed to be full. I, however, thought they were delicious. I made some with ranch (mainly for the kids, who claim that my honey BBQ sauce is spicy) and some with BBQ, and I liked the BBQ better.

One last random thought - I bought some cute new jeans a couple of weeks ago, and I cannot find them anywhere! I only wore them twice, and then they disappeared. I think I've looked everywhere, but obviously, I have not. Please, leave a comment and tell me where you think I can find them. If I find them where you think I should look, I will bake you the treat of your choice and deliver it to you.

1 comment:

  1. I think they are on John's side of the closet. Or in Isaac's drawer because you are virtually the same size as him.

    I would like something made with Nutella... brownies, a cake, cookies, whatever. Or just a jar of Nutella so I can eat it with a spoon.

    Start looking!!

    ReplyDelete