Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

  • Yoplait Greek Yogurt. Honey Vanilla flavor. If you like yogurt, you will freak out over this stuff. It is absolutely the best yogurt I've ever had, and I have kind of a yogurt obsession. It has 27% of your daily protein requirement too, so if you're like me and don't eat a lot of meat, it's even more awesome. You can print coupons from here: http://www.yoplait.com/products/yoplait-greek-yogurt.

  • Watching Monk reruns on Netflix and discussing the possible crime solutions with Isaac. We got rid of our Dish Network last month and have not missed it at all. I have no idea what's going on in the world anymore because I'm too lazy to actually READ the news rather than watch it, but I think you could argue that this is not such a bad thing.
  • My house. I was afraid I'd get sick of it being here all day, but I love it even more than I did when I was working. And I'm much more familiar with its quirks and mysteries now, like how dust bunnies thrive under the green chair in the living room, and no matter how many times I wipe it up, the pee spot always reappears on the left side of the upstairs toilet.
  • Grace's smile. I've only seen it a few times, but it is unquestionably the cutest little baby smile EVER. Don't tell the others...
  • My family. All of them. Including my parents, who have been so loving and supportive (always, but especially during this latest stay-at-home transition/adventure), my sister, who will always be my best girlfriend and is the funnest, funniest person I know, my husband, who is simply amazing in so many ways that I can't even pick just one to mention here, and my children, who are coming into their own special gifts and personalities and turning into real people whom I truly enjoy being with. When they're not whining at me, that is, which is approximately 50% of the time.
  • Another food one - rotisserie chicken. Is there a more versatile food? I think not. Last night, we had it in pita pockets with salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Tonight, it will reappear as something totally different  - a casserole, perhaps? Or maybe chicken salad sandwiches? Fettucine Alfredo? Some kind of soup? They're $1 off at Fareway right now, so go get one! And make sure that you save the wings for yourself. And be sure to eat all of the skin and fat that's on them, or you're going to suck the joy right out of the wing experience. They are deeelicious. Click here for the Carroll weekly Fareway ad.
  • Crystal Light decaf iced tea with lemon mix. Almost no calories, no caffeine, less expensive than pop, and way better than water. I wish it had bubbles, but still, it's good stuff.
  • When Simon tells me how warm I am and snuggles up next to me in the morning. Even with extreme morning breath, this is a great way to start my day.

  • Not having attended a meeting or conference call in almost 3 months. And, frankly, not being able to think of anything I miss about the "work" part of my job. Although, if someone wanted to purchase all of the cool e-learning software I had at AHS so I could play with it at home, I would not object.

No comments:

Post a Comment