Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another good book

I'm reading another good book right now: The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein. It's written from a dog's point of view, and the only thing I don't like is the excessive use of car-racing stories and analogies. But, it's written by a man, so can you really expect it to be free from sports metaphors?

The kids were at their dad's house last night, so John and Grace and I decided to celebrate the sale of the Blazer (yes! it finally sold!) with dinner at Charlie's, for which I actually used a coupon (that's how good I have become at this frugality thing). If you shop at Hy-Vee, pay attention to the back of your receipts, because there are some good deals back there. The Charlie's coupon was for $2 off an entree or buffet. Then, we got a mini-cheesecake from the Wal-Mart bakery and ate it while we watched reality TV on Netflix. Those mini-cheesecakes are what got me through my pregnancy with Grace...they are wonderful. I choose to believe that they make them there from scratch. They're in the bakery section, and you can get 6 perfectly sized slices out of one of them. You have to top them with caramel syrup and whipped cream. And some chocolate chips. And some peanut butter chips. Heavenly. I plan to eat another piece tonight while I enjoy another chapter of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment