Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inspiring me to be a better me

What inspires me to be a better person (and I do have a long way to go, here, I might add):
My husband, who is always loving, supportive, and excited about our life together. I can't believe I got a second chance at marriage with such a wonderful person.
My parents, who are amazingly dedicated leaders in their jobs, the community, and their church (check out this cool ministry they're both involved in - especially if you question whether Catholics are active in their faith: http://crhp-usa.blogspot.com/)
In particular, my dad, who inspires me to keep writing, keep running (hey, I ran 3.5 miles in 30 min. yesterday), and keep eating lots of fiber; and my stepmom, who inspires me to do the right thing even when it's really, really hard, to put my family's needs before my own, and to always be only lookout for a good bargain
My kids, who have the energy of a swarm of hyperactive bees. Being their role model inspires me to do all kinds of things, from using good table manners to exercising and cooking healthy foods to studying the bible more regularly than I ever thought I would
My friends, especially my sister, even though I haven't seen them forever, it seems. No matter what crazy thing I'm thinking or feeling, they get it

My pastors and my church family, who are so devoted to encouraging each other and growing together in Christ
Other homeschoolers and homeschooling associations (here is a great site for general information and resources: http://www.hslda.org/). I am so convinced that this is the right thing for my kids and my family...and it even provides (monetary) benefits for the state of Iowa. I may not be a typical homeschooling mom, but maybe that's all the better for inspiring other moms like me to give it a try.

You'd think, with all this, that I'd be a perfect person, wouldn't you? Um, no. But I have a great life, that's for sure. And it's a gift from the very definition of inspiration himself...God.

No comments:

Post a Comment