Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - AWESOME

Okay, I know I've committed to healthier living, but I think I can healthen (is that a word?) this up. It is the most delicious strawberry shortcake I've ever had...we went to a potluck last weekend and I ate about a quarter of the pan (that is not an exaggeration - I went back for fourths or fifths). Here's the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/strawberry-angel-food-dessert/detail.aspx
Again, why is it that I'm just discovering this? Where have I been? I've gone to at least a hundred potlucks and have never seen this stuff before.
So, I'm thinking that I'll try to make the angel food cake with fake sugar, then use low-fat cream cheese and low-fat whipped cream, and either find a sugar-free glaze or make one myself. A lot of effort, I must say, but it'll be worth it if I can eat this on our new, healthier diet.
My question to you - which fake sugar is best? I might have to make the same recipe a few different times, using different fake sugars, just to see. This one would be a good candidate, since I love it and could live off it exclusively for a while. It does have four food groups in it, right? Fruit, dairy, fats, and grains? Is processed white flour a grain? I say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment