Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bites Bite

I have a ton of bug bites right now, and they are ALL in places that I can't scratch when anyone is looking. I even have one on the most sensitive part of my breastfeeding mechanism, if you know what I mean. I didn't even know that was possible until now. I found a bunch of ways to try to stop the itching, although I'm feeling lazy and will probably just stick with my old standby (scratching) for now. Here they are - many of these are remedies you can concoct with ingredients in the pantry (vinegar, baking soda) or bathroom (deodorant, mouthwash):
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Mosquito-Bites-from-Itching
I have GOT to get some serious bug repellant. Here are some organic/homemade solutions...which I'm willing to try, but I really, really like DEET (which only causes central nervous system problems if you use a concentration higher than 30% or put it on little babies):
The easiest one of these is to dab vanilla extract on your wrists and behind your ears. I wonder if vanilla-scented lotion would do the same thing??

No comments:

Post a Comment