Monday, July 25, 2011

RAGBRAI and Granola Bars

RAGBRAI (which I think stands for Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa but am too lazy to confirm) is in Carroll tonight, and much as I love the idea of it and what it does for our state and community, I wish it were over already. All of the bikes and people and signs everywhere are adding a layer of stress to an already stressful week, and I don't like it. I owe a huge thank you to everyone who is volunteering and hosting bikers at their house, because I'm not doing anything. Except complaining. The kids are at Mike's house until NEXT Tuesday and I miss them already; we have a family reunion this weekend; two of John's older kids are staying with us; I have to get ready for school to start next week; and I'm all out of almond butter. So, in order to remain calm, I have been baking stuff. Bread, chocolate chip cookies, and granola bars. Here are some photos of the bars and the kids, and here's the link to the granola bar recipe (from Ina Garten, a.k.a. the Barefoot Contessa):




No comments:

Post a Comment