Monday, April 11, 2011

Tastebook and a good book

If you haven't been to the Tastebook Website, now is the time to check it out. Not only can you search zillions of recipes online, you can upload your own recipes and create a customized cookbook - even including family photos and photos of your recipes. The cookbooks are printed on nice shiny paper and come in a binder, so you can add to them later. You can even order clear sleeve pages to stuff cut-out recipes into. I remember my sister getting a book of her husband's favorite recipes from her mother-in-law when they got married...maybe that would have gone over a little better had it been in Tastebook format?

One of the Tastebook covers you can choose from

I'm supposed to be finished with my current library find today, because it's due back and someone has it reserved, but I'm only halfway through. It's a great book, written by two authors: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. If you like World War II stories and books that are formatted as a collection of cleverly written letters, you will love it. If you dislike either of those things, stay away from this one. I don't usually approve of books written by two people (are they not capable of writing a book on their own?) but it works this time. Apparently, it is an aunt/niece duo.


The big event this week is a homeschool mom's dinner tomorrow night, which is also a potluck. I'm supposed to bring a salad and any curriculum that I used this year that Isaac and I liked. I'm bringing his math book and that broccoli/raisin/bacon salad. Mmmm...there's one for the Tastebook.

1 comment:

  1. I looked at that book when we were still doing the book club. What happened to us? And our super cool book club? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete