Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting started with sewing and knitting

Let the homemaking begin! I bought my first ball of yarn and knitting needles this weekend, and I got enough fabric to make two nursing covers and a baby sling.
We got the yarn at the yarn store in Carroll (is it called the Yarn Barn?), and I could definitely live there. John and Grace rocked in a rocking chair while the girl who was working helped me pick out some supplies and taught me how to knit while we lounged on a really comfy couch. I am officially knitting a scarf out of gray yarn that has a little bit of Alpaca wool in it (note to self: must buy an Alpaca when we buy our dream acreage...I need this noted somewhere so that I don't forget over the course of the next 25 years. It can play with the goats, whom I have already named Ed and Eddy). Friends and family beware: you will be getting knitted doodads from me for Christmas.

We also went to Threads, etc. in Glidden, which just moved to Glidden from Carroll, and the couple who owns the store was so sweet and friendly. I found some very pretty fabric that was on sale for 30% off. Check out the purple batik - it's my favorite.


I am really not in the mood to get ready for the day. Simon has some kind of stomach bug, and we have a ton of stuff to do this morning, and I just want to sit here and knit and watch Little People Big World on Netflix. Maybe just one more episode?

1 comment: