Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fiber Therapy

Fiber Therapy: my friend Maura's brilliant name (and idea) for our knitting time together. She came over during her lunch break yesterday and we knitted for an hour or so, and it was very therapeutic indeed. The only thing I miss about my job is seeing her and my other friends, and I miss them all dearly. Okay...to a lesser extent, I also miss the Reese's Pieces dispenser in the break room.
Not only did Maura inspire me with the beautiful shawl she was making for her mom, we had a chance to catch up and talk about all of the stuff that we haven't been talking about because we've been too busy to get together. I'm hoping that, like any good fiber therapy, this becomes a regular thing. Notice the clever pun. I already have a long list of stuff I want to make, including Barbie clothes for Esme, dolls for all of my nieces, a shawl, dishcloths, fingerless gloves...and so on. I think I'm addicted. Check out this free pattern for an "Amy" doll - wouldn't this be an adorable Christmas present for my adorable nieces? If I start now, maybe I can get them finished by December.

No comments:

Post a Comment