Saturday, April 2, 2011

Nutella and a Smiling Baby

As promised, I'm delivering some Nutella S'mores Bars to my lovely sister today, so I just finished baking them (and licking the bowl clean). I added peanut butter to the Nutella, because everything is better with peanut butter, but otherwise, I followed this recipe: http://www.myteenytinykitchen.com/2009/08/nutella-smore-bars.html. There is nothing like starting a morning with coffee and baking and the scent of melting Nutella.
I did manage to lick the bowl even cleaner after I took the picture.

Grace has started smiling at us and almost giggling. It's my goal to be the first one to get a real giggle out of her, but I think I'm going to lose to either her daddy or her brother Isaac. This is her in a near-smile...
I think she looks just like her dad and her older sister Brittany. Very adorable, and with a much smaller (in a good way) head than my other babies. Speaking of older sisters, the big news this weekend is that Kristin and Nick are engaged! We couldn't be happier for them, and, I'm sure, neither could they. What a cool thing, to watch our family grow...especially when it doesn't also involve watching my belly grow. :-) I love that the little kids will have the older kids as friends and role models as they grow up - and (soon, we hope?) some little nieces and nephews to be friends with too.

No comments:

Post a Comment