Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My tropical paradise

One of the many great things about visiting my sister is that I never leave her house without some goodies to take with me. This weekend, we stopped over and I ended up with a big box of apples and oranges, a bag of miscellaneous girl toys (including two Diego dolls that have not left Esme's sight since), and a Scentsy scented wax warmer. I've known about these things, but I always thought that if I stuck to my $5 Wal-Mart candles, I'd end up with a better deal. Au contraire. I've been using the Scentsy for two days, all day, with just one little wax cube, and it still smells heavenly in here. I can't remember the name of the scent, but it's yellow and I think it has either Havana or Cabana in the name; possibly both. And I don't have to worry about starting the house on fire or keeping the kids away from it, which is no small thing. That saying about "moths to a flame" should really be "Wood children to a flame," because they absolutely cannot resist fire, flames, or lighters. And the clay warmer is really pretty, especially when you turn the lights off and you can see the light from it peeping out from the holes. Doesn't my sister have good taste? These come in a zillion different designs, so if you don't like mine, first of all you're crazy, but secondly, you can probably find one that suits your style somewhere in their catalog.


While we were in Denison, we also stopped at Wal-Mart to get a replacement doll for the one Esme's been falling in love with, because we discovered that Esme's "Grace" doll is actually her cousin Sarah's "Esme" doll, which had gone missing months ago. We were at Grandma's house one day this winter and took the doll with us, not realizing that it was Sarah's beloved Esme, whom she had gotten after Esme was born. So now we have a new "Grace", and she looks remarkably like the old one. Esme didn't care at all about the switcheroo, and she's particularly excited about all the accessories that came with the new doll - a bottle, a pacifier, a bib...she's got her own little diaper bag full of stuff that has to go everywhere with us. She's better at remembering all of her baby supplies than I am at remembering the real diaper bag.


The D-rings and corset boning I need to make my nursing covers arrived yesterday, so I need to get started on them. Does anyone out there need one and want to volunteer to be my guinea pig? Let me know, because I'm giving the first few away as gifts, and I'm having a hard time finding another nursing mom in my little circle of acquaintances.

3 comments:

  1. oh Allison I envy you... hey also if you want free Scentsy... I do sell it.. lol
    Mary T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! You do? I think I'm hooked. Do you do parties? I keep wanting to have some kind of "buying stuff" party, but I'm too lazy to plan anything. And I'm worried that I don't have enough friends to make it worthwhile. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do home parties or even book parties. Everyone always says the same thing, I don't know if any one will come or I don't know a lot of people. What is nice is with Scentsy I can open up an on line party so if people can not come they still can order. I have all the new summer scents, and will give John some samples for you to try. Let me know your thougths, or even if you just want to smell all the goodies..
    Mary

    ReplyDelete