Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hell's Kitchen

About a year ago, my two best friends and I went on a marvelous trip to Minneapolis over a long weekend. We ate and shopped and ate and pampered ourselves and ate some more. We spent more on one dinner that weekend than I've ever spent on a trip to the grocery store (and I have four kids, so think about how much that must have been). The food was wonderful - not as good as the company, of course, but wonderful - and the highlight for me was our breakfast at Hell's Kitchen. I still remember what we ate: lemon ricotta pancakes, porridge with cranberries and blueberries, and the absolute best peanut butter I've ever had. My family has a peanut butter obsession. I found these gigantic 5-pound tubs of Fareway brand peanut butter a month or so ago, and we're already on our second one. A day without peanut butter is a sad day for me, so sometimes I just get out a knife, dip it in, and lick off the yummy pasty peanutty heaven. So anyway, Hell's Kitchen has a Website, which has their menus and an online store, among other cool stuff: http://hellskitcheninc.com/. In honor of the one year anniversary of this spectacular place and time, I just ordered three large jars of their peanut butter. It's really chunky and crunchy and honey-ey and I have tried every other peanut butter I can find and nothing even comes close to its awesome texture and taste. One jar is for me (and John - he's just as addicted as I am), and the other two are for...hmmm...who could those be for? Get your spoons ready, girls...

Our usual peanut butter ($7 for all of this!!)

Hell's Kitchen's peanut butter (a tad pricier, but who cares?)
Check out the breakfast menu - next time we go, I'm getting the toasted sausage bread. And if the bison sausage is too much for my tastebuds, I'll just slather on more peanut butter.

2 comments:

  1. I want the porridge again. That stuff was heavenly. I would eat it daily. When can we go again? I am ready to run away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison! The peanut butter is SO good! We love it! I had to share it with Faith. She, like you, is also a peanut-butter lover & could eat it every day, with or without anything to put it on. Her finger works the best. :D THANK YOU! And thanks for the fun memories!! I miss you! I miss us!! Praying for you all & thinking about you daily!!
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete