Monday, May 2, 2011

Recipes from this weekend

The kids and I are getting ready to host their dog-cousin Oliver next week as part of our "Dogs" unit study, so we made him some "Nice Spice" dog biscuits on Friday. I tried one, and it was very nice and spicy. They're sugar-free, though, so I was not tempted to try another. You can get the recipe here.

Eat it, Esme, eat it!

I had to clean the oven after seeing this picture. Focus on the cute treats, not the grime. The triangles are doggie pizza.

We finally used up the last of the Easter ham yesterday - I made ham and bean soup from this recipe, only I used a bag of 15 mixed beans, substituted reduced-sodium chicken broth for half the water, and added leeks. And a couple of bay leaves. I watched Paula Deen yesterday, and she made something with leeks and a bay leaf, so I was inspired. We will now be eating soup for the next 10 meals until it finally runs out. Maybe next time, I'll make it from a dried pig's head a la Andrew Zimmern. I would LOVE to trick my kids into eating pig's head.
On our to-do list this week:
  • Knit my first Barbie outfit & finish The Ugly Scarf
  • Switch out the kids' winter & summer clothes (big, huge groan)
  • Water the garden
  • Bring all of the grass from the garden to the landfill
  • Finish planting the herb garden (okay, it's an herb pot)
  • Make shortening bread with Esme in honor of one of her favorite kids' songs
  • Figure out when the last day of school is
  • Figure out what to do on Mother's Day
  • Get Isaac back on track with his Math work
  •  I know there's more, but that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment