Friday, May 13, 2011

Bits and Pieces

I don't know why I haven't blogged for the last couple of days. We haven't been particularly busy, although John did have surgery today (which went well - he's a very good patient). Whenever I think of a good blog idea, I'm too lazy to get the computer, and whenever I'm at the computer, I forget all of my good blog ideas. I'm watching Ally McBeal and wondering why all of the scenes with her at home show her eating ice cream out of the container. Can't they just let her be skinny and stop trying to make her more normal with ice cream? I'm not that gullible anyway. If Ally McBeal were an emotional eater, she'd weigh like 500 pounds.
Simon had 5 green days this week, which earned him several trips to the super surprise bucket, a trip to McDonald's with Grandma and Grandpa, and a Lego set. I'm soooo proud of him, but part of me just wishes the school year was over so we could stop worrying about green days. I don't want him (or me) to be disappointed if he gets an orange or red. We're working on establishing our family identity as part of our Growing Kids God's Way homework, so I've decided to try to do a little bible study/devotional with the kids every night. I have a good link for kids' devotionals but am looking for more...I'll share some links tomorrowish.
Oliver the dog is adjusting to his new (temporary, TEMPORARY) home, Esme is getting whinier by the day, and I finished Barbie's coat this morning in the waiting room. Isaac and I are extremely sick of school, and we didn't do a whole lot this week. He had a couple of those days where everything made him sob (fake or real, I can't really tell, but either way, there's no recovering from a sobbing fit), so we didn't make much progress.
I walked this week instead of running, because I'm old and I can't handle the running as often as I thought I could. Walking takes longer, though, which is kind of annoying.
I promise to have something more useful and/or insightful tomorrow...maybe a picture of the dog, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment