Monday, May 23, 2011

The Garden of Schoonover

I was just telling John that every time I think about opening up the computer, I get this feeling of dread. I don't know why. I think it's because I haven't been on it a lot lately and I don't want to have to catch up on emails and homeschool tracking. Ugh. But here I am, braving the blog, which I've also neglected, and I have exciting garden photos. I've also decided to go crazy planting hostas around the sides of the house, so I have photos of those too. They were $25 at Earl May, so I was going to just wait until next year, but then we went to a sale in Coon Rapids at this really sweet couple's house, and I got them for $3 each! The guy told me that some hostas can cost $100 each, because they have named breeds that hosta lovers just have to have. He had over 100 varieties in his yard, all of which looked pretty much the same to me. There's green, there's yellow and green, and there's white and green.
So, in the garden, we have tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, onions, garlic, and a lone chive plant that survived the winter. We also have something else coming up from last year, and I'm really hoping that it's not the cantaloupe, because it was disgusting. But I think that's what it is. Notice the bricks and the fencing...they aren't exactly straight, because I was in charge of them, but I think they make it look more official. Bunny rabbits, beware.
 
 
I went grocery shopping over at my parents' house this weekend, and I got a whole bunch of random food, like marshmallow creme and white chocolate chips and sparkling grape juice. I think I have all of the ingredients for a pumpkin pie, so I'm going to make one this afternoon. It's one of John's favorites, and today is his first day back at work after surgery, so he deserves a treat, don't you think? Never mind that his new resolve is to lose weight and get in shape. We will start that tomorrow. Will someone please check my email for me? And delete everything that starts with "FW:" or "Hurry! This deal won't last forever..." That would take care of about 95% of my messages, and I would feel so relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment