Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

We're using Cinco De Mayo as our excuse today to study the following things:
  1. Chihuahuas (isn't it clever how this fits in with our Dogs unit study? I should have been a teacher.)
  2. How to draw a chihuahua in 6 easy steps
  3. Chihuahua, Mexico
  4. A kid's life in Mexico
  5. Mexican food - we're going to make stuffed peppers for dinner. Maybe the kids will at least try them if they helped make them? I think this theory has been proven wrong in the past, but I'm trying again.
I think we're skipping Math today. Isaac had a horrible time with it yesterday, and I don't know about him, but I don't think I can live through that again today. It's supposed to be nice out, we have toddler time at the library, and Barbie now has panties, socks, and a hat to go with her dress (pictures will be coming soon).  Life is good - why risk a great day on long division??

No comments:

Post a Comment