Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

When I was little, I remember asking my parents why there was a mother's day and a father's day and not a kids' day. Isaac asked me the same thing yesterday, and I gave the same response that I got: Every day is kids' day! But really, every day is mother's day too. It's a full time job, whether you have another full time job or not, and it was wonderful celebrate motherhood (and daughterhood) and to be treated like a princess for the day. We went out for lunch after church and no one misbehaved (which is practically miraculous), and I got to eat my favorite meal, which I will describe, but you cannot laugh. It's the Texas grilled chicken melt sandwich with a baked potato from the Family Table. The chicken is seasoned with something salty, and the bread is garlicky, and the cheese is really smooth and gooey. It's the most buttery, salty, tender, yummy sandwich ever, and when you eat it with a baked potato that's also sopping with butter, your heart nearly stops...because of the love, and secondly because of the cholesterol. Then we went fishing (I caught two or three tiny croppies and a tiny bass), then we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I got several very lovely and thoughtful gifts, which are pictured below, along with another "gift" we got this weekend: the long-awaited canine visitor from Denison.

From Simon:

From Isaac:

Oliver!

From Esme:

From John - a gift certificate to the Yarn Basket:

So, happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there EVERY day this week. I'm going to try to pay special attention to all of the things that happen this week that make me love being a mom, so I'll post at least one of them every day to keep the good mommy vibes flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment