Tuesday, June 28, 2011

July 4 Crafts

I am inspired. I found some really cute crafts on the Family Fun magazine website, and I've decided that we're all going to make matching eagle t-shirts for our trip to KC this weekend. On the back, I'm going to add "One Nation Under God" using iron-on computer paper. Aren't these adorable???
http://familyfun.go.com/4th-of-july/4th-of-july-crafts/hand-some-tee-895365/

And, for our church picnic on July 4, I'm going to make these very, very cute eagle treats, using Oreos, marshmallows, coconut, and cashews.
http://familyfun.go.com/4th-of-july/4th-of-july-recipes/patriotic-recipes/edible-eagles-699768/
Will anyone eat them, what with the coconut and nuts? I don't care. They're too cute to eat anyway. 

We are having the busiest week ever - homeschool family picnic for lunch on Wednesday, Growing Kids class Wednesday night, dinner with our church friends who are moving back to Ohio on Thursday night, bible study after that (and a church meeting before it, actually), then leaving for Aunt Ann's on Friday. I may have to switch to caffeinated Diet Coke.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Allison! You ARE crafty! :) Take photos of your treats & shirts so we can see how they turned out! They look adorable! Good luck...and good luck with your busy week/weekend! Say hello to Aunt Ann for me!

    ReplyDelete