Monday, June 27, 2011

Grace in Boots and the Big Storm

Two highly unusual things happened at the Schoonover house last night: we had company over (who were NOT members of my immediate family) and we had a big storm that downed a couple of huge branches.
We ate build-your-own shish-ka-bobs on the grill, pasta salad, and rhubarb bars with John's friends the Larsons, from Kiron. Yum. Although...my rhubarb bars were runny, which was disappointing. I think the rhubarb had too many ice crystals on it from being in the freezer, and I should have added extra flour. I'll have to try again. Anyway, I love having them over, and we had the added bonus of drooling over their new Camaro. Am I the only one who had no idea that holographic dashboard displays existed? They show in your windshield. How cool is that??
Another rare experience this weekend - Grace wore boots. Very, very cute boots that even have rubberized soles for extra traction. Because when she runs, Grace needs lots of traction. Check it out:

Also, I had a dream last night that we had started school, and Isaac was some kind of small rodent, like a chipmunk or a chinchilla. I blame this on the storm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, how cute is Grace!?! She's the cutest cowgirl baby I've ever seen!

    Oh - and if you need any fresh rhubarb, let me know. I have a bunch & I don't know what to do with it. Although it may be too late to pick it/cut it...or whatever you do with it. I have no idea. :)

    ReplyDelete