Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Getting Ready for School

I know...I'm the only person on earth who's excited for school to start already, but we're getting the homeschool room ready, and I'm ordering curriculum, and my inner teacher is awakening once more. We've got books, we've got desks, we've got kids - all of my ingredients are just sitting here waiting to be baked into a nice school pie.
That was a weird metaphor, but you get the picture.
Here's the new room, which used to be the TV room:
(Looking at it from the basement steps - the desk right in front of the bookcases is mine. Yes, Isaac, it's MINE.)
 (looking at it from my desk - Simon and Esme will be on the right, Isaac on the left)
Here's the old homeschool room, which is going to be the TV room, as soon as we get the cabinets and carpet ripped out:
Aren't you excited for school now too??? If not, what about dill bread? We made dill bread today with dill from Em's herb garden. I used a white bread recipe and substituted extra-virgin olive oil for the oil and added a whole bunch of dill. We're going to have this with Jambalaya for dinner. I don't know how this happened, but I discovered shrimp, polish sausage, and Jambalaya mix all in my house at the same time. Prepare your stomachs, Schoonover family.

2 comments:

  1. Love the classroom! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So much work Allison & John, but so cool! Those kids will have the best classroom around for miles...and the best teacher too!

    ReplyDelete