Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to School

Well, the holidays are over, and we're going back to school today. I need to start writing down everything the kids ask that I don't know (which is lots and lots of stuff), because I always say we'll look it up and then I forget what it was that we were going to look up. I know we're looking at the map today to see where South Dakota is, because we went there yesterday to visit Kristin and Nick, and the boys were pretty sure that not only was it right next to Canada, it was several states away from Iowa. And we just studied - and memorized - the U.S. map, dang it. We also have to figure out when electricity was invented. I'm not even sure which century it was - 18something? It was somebody with a key and a kite, right? Ben Franklin? That can't be right. Oh my goodness. I shouldn't be publicly admitting this. See, you do not need to be smart to homeschool your children. Just willing to humbly look everything up for them and let them see how little you actually know.
In knitting news, I made John some mittens last week, to go with his birthday cap. Here he is unwillingly modeling them:

Angry John in his new mittens:
Happy John in his new mittens:

No comments:

Post a Comment