Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Song

I'm excited to go to my Wednesday morning bible study today, because we're starting a new book and I think I might actually get caught up on the reading beforehand. We're on our second book in the A New Song series, which is a Lutheran study based on the book of Psalms. Each book in the series studies 6 psalms over the course of 6 weeks. It's very cool, and several of us are not even Lutheran. There is a lot more focus on baptism in the Lutheran church than in mine, but that's the only thing I notice...and I guess it doesn't really bother me.
Here's the verse I'm studying right now from Psalm 9: "The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Yeah!
I take all of the kids with me, and the older two get $2 if they do a good job of helping with the kids in the nursery, so we ALL look forward to this study. If you're in Carroll, and you're free every other Wednesday at 9 a.m., come and check it out! Oh, and you have to be a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment