Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Piano

I used to really enjoy playing the piano. I took piano lessons for years, and I even have a piano in the living room, with a bench full of music. I hadn't played it FOREVER until yesterday, when I got sick of looking at the book that I had staged on the music stand, so I dug through the bench looking for something else. I think I still recognized most of the notes and started practicing a song, but it was hard without a metronome (you know, the thing that ticks so you can keep time). Then, it dawned on me - I bet there are a zillion online metronomes out there! Sure enough, I found one right away: http://www.metronomeonline.com/. How cool is that? There was a cell phone version too, but I think you had to buy the app for it. You can buy metronomes too, although a lot of them are digital, which I don't think existed back when I took lessons. I like the old fashioned ones with the stick that ticks back and forth. There are plenty of both kinds for sale online: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=metronome&x=0&y=0. If I can manage to master a song, maybe I'll post a video of it. Give me a while...I don't want to embarrass myself.
Today, we're studying the second fruit of the Spirit - joy - in kids' church. Here's our "joy" memory verse:
Psalm 28:7 - The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
We're going to make shields, which the boys will love, and give thanks to him in song, which the boys will pretend to hate but will secretly enjoy. Have I shown you our favorite fruit of the Spirit song? Here it is:

1 comment: