Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bad, bad blogger

I was reading someone else's (is that not a word? why is it underlined in red?) blog the other day, and I couldn't help but notice that not only was the writing much better than mine, but the content was actually organized, meaningful, and useful. There were metaphors, there was style, there were long words that I didn't recognize...research was apparently done beforehand in order to provide the reader with helpful tools and resources. I bet this woman even got dressed before she blogged. Or, at least, she wasn't wearing a robe with baby snot on the shoulder (I try to wash it regularly but it takes up so much room in the washer.) Anyway, it made me feel inadequate and hence, I have not blogged for a while. I'm over it now, though, and surely my goal is not, in the immediate future anyway, to be the most literary blog out there. Or the most useful. Maybe some of those bloggers look at blogs like mine and it makes them feel good. I've decided that this is my niche...along with sharing photos and the occasional useful tidbit with my close friends and family. So, that being said, this is the end of birthday week in my family: Alyssa Thams on the 9th, Isaac on the 12th, Grandma on the 13th, Grace on the 14th, Great Grandma on the 16th, and me today. I am now 34 and I suppose I have to admit to being in my mid-thirties. Here are some birthday photos (Isaac celebrated at least 4 times and had a sleepover that involved almost no sleep, for anyone):
 Birthday Breakfast
 The "Sleep"-over
 John and all of the girls
 Jen, David, and Grace at the Schoonover Christmas/Birthday Bash
Come on, Grace! Blow! Yes, I know the cake looks like a 10 and Isaac is actually 11. I didn't have enough room in the bundt pan for all of the angel food cake batter. Should have done this one last year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Al, I LOVE your blog! I've been checking in every day over my lunch break to see if there's anything new. You have readers of YOUR blog because we love you & want to know what's new in your life...and I glean lots of good information & wisdom from you, my friend! You are an amazing writer - you keep it interesting, intelligent, and easy to understand. Thanks for doing this! It makes me feel connected to you & your family!! I love you! And cool birthday photos! You have been SO busy! (As usual!)

    ReplyDelete