Monday, October 3, 2011

Knit Monster

Today is a scary day for my family - the kind of day you need a stuffed animal to hug. My grandpa Jim is having both valves on his heart replaced this morning at the Mayo Clinic, so please remember him, his surgeons, my grandma, parents, aunts, and uncles in your prayers. Surgery is at 8 a.m.

Here's my latest knitting project - a stuffed animal/monster for Esme for Christmas.


See the pocket on the back? My plan is to stick a little notebook in there, and when she leaves for her dad's house, I'll put a little love note or picture in the notebook. Then, when her dad sends her back here, he can put a note in there for her. That way, if she misses us at either house, she can look at her notebook and, even though she can't read it, she'll know that it's from mom/dad and that we love her. I'm making a green one for Isaac and a blue one for Simon out of the same kind of yarn. I got the pattern from Knit Simple magazine, which I checked out from the library. You can't access the patterns for free online, but you can get a preview of the projects here: http://www.knitsimplemag.com/node/230. I also made each of the kids a pair of fingerless gloves from this issue, which they loved for a few days and have since lost track of.

I like the idea of ending my posts with a verse or a prayer, and since I'm not the best at writing prayers, I'm sticking with bible verses.

From Psalm 34:17 - 20:
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
   he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
 19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
   but the LORD delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
   not one of them will be broken.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I just read this. And I love the monster, especially her belly button. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete