Thursday, October 13, 2011

Allison's Favorite Show

We got rid of cable, then we got rid of Netflix, but I just can't survive without some kind of TV. I'd like to think that I'm intellectual enough to live on books and conversation alone, and maybe the occasional documentary from the library, but I'm not. Sometimes, my brain just needs to stew in its own juices for 23 minutes or so while I lounge and stare. My new favorite show is Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/watch/233291/julia-and-jacques-cooking-at-home-roast-chicken). Hulu is free - although I think there are additional shows available if you pay - and the picture quality (on my laptop) is just as good as Netflix. I think if you buy an internet-ready TV you can watch Hulu on that too.
We watched The Miracle Maker, a claymation film about the life of Jesus, at KIDS church last night on Hulu too...because I didn't have time (okay, I didn't make time) to prepare a whole lesson. We did play a game that the kids liked - I put each word of their memory verse (Matthew 6:21) on a balloon, and they took turns finding the next word and popping that balloon. Simon was the best popper.
I did a search for "Christian" to find other suitable movies for church night, and I couldn't figure out why it pulled up a bunch of episodes of Project Runway (which I love but is definitely not church night material). Turns out there's a guy named Christian in one of the seasons of the show. Aha.

Matthew 6:21 - For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment