Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days, Switching Classrooms, and Mom, the Abominable Snow Woman

Part of Isaac's birthday present (and mine, frankly) was to move his bedroom back upstairs with his brother. This is the second time we've done it - and definitely the last. I will not delude myself into thinking he can handle staying in the basement again (please be prepared to remind me of this in about 6 months). So now, Esme and the baby will share a room, Isaac and Simon share a room, and all of the homeschooling stuff has been moved to Isaac's old room in the basement. So far, so good. Isaac's taking his Concerta this week too, so we can evaluate whether or not we need it. I'm thinking we do, because yesterday was probably our best day yet (today, not so much, but it's still early). It was interesting having Simon home on Monday and Tuesday...we skipped homeschooling on Monday but had a full day yesterday, and it was actually easier on Tuesday. I keep trying to imagine this with a newborn, and I just can't decide how easy or hard it's going to be to adjust. I'm going to follow all of the instructions in the Babywise book to the letter, so I should have a perfectly behaved, sleeping-all-night baby by 6 weeks. Fourth time IS going to be a charm.



No comments:

Post a Comment