Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just think about it

There is something that I haven't done in almost two months that I had done almost every day for the past ten years. What is it, you ask? Cook? Nope. Vacuum? Ha! Nope. Blog? Okay, well, yes, but something else too. I haven't used my clothes dryer since early in August. We've been hanging everything up to dry in the basement, and it's actually been pretty convenient. Things aren't as wrinkled as I thought they'd be (no extra ironing, really!), and it only takes a day for nearly everything to dry. I started out thinking I'd still dry some things, like work shirts for John and underwear, but we truly haven't dried anything - not even sheets or towels - for weeks. I think it's been saving us money, too, because our electric bill for last month was only $20. I'm not sure whether I could handle this while working full time, but once you get the hang of it (sorry, awful pun), hanging stuff up goes pretty quickly. Isn't drying hard on clothes, too? If that's true, then we're probably eventually saving money on clothes too. Between this and the homemade laundry soap, I feel kind of like a pioneer woman every time I wash clothes. If I start talking about unplugging the washer and buying a washboard, please stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment