Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things I love about being at home

(In no particular order...just the random order in which they pop into my sleep-deprived brain)

1. Instead of making a mad rush to the daycare, two different schools, and work, this is what we're doing at 8 am:
(don't tell Isaac I took this...although at least he isn't drooling.)


(her hair looks just like mine does in the morning!)

2. No one here cares whether I match or how my hair looks. Well, I have suspicions that Isaac does, but he's to afraid to say anything critical.

3. The dishes and laundry are always caught up. And by always, I mean most of the time. And by caught up, I mean not overflowing their respective dirty dish/laundry containers.

4. I know what kind of a day everyone has had (except Simon and John, who are the most self-sufficient of the bunch anyway), because we had it together.
5. I don't have to figure out how to pump breastmilk at work. (Heather, you are a saint for having done this!)

6. I get to look stuff up on the internet - even play on Facebook - without worrying whether I might get fired.

7. I can see firsthand how Isaac is able (or unable) to concentrate on his schoolwork and adjust what we're doing or how we're doing it.

8. I get to do fun "thrifty" things like clip coupons, make my own laundry soap, and develop a family budget. (Not sarcasm - I really do think this stuff is fun.)

9. In theory, I could meet and hang out with other stay-at-home moms. This hasn't actually happened much yet, but I'm convinced that it eventually will.

10. It takes a lot less caffeine to get through the day. If only they didn't make diet, caffeine free Coke, I might actually start drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment